Monday, July 13, 2009

Darth Vader Wall Hanging

My 6 year old son LOVES Star Wars----ask him anything about Star Wars and he probably knows it. Seriously, it's kinda scary! In fact, his whole room is Star Wars.
So, I got this idea to make a wall hanging for his room. It has a front and back with a layer of batting in between, so really it could be a quilt!
But then I decided to make it really "stand out" so I hand-stitched around all the flames and lettering---boy was that a LOT of work!!! It looks really awesome though, now that I finally have it done.

The first picture is the completed wall hanging. The second is a close-up of the flames (bottom right corner). This was NOT a small project, it's about 4' long and 3' wide. :( Let me tell you, that is a LOT of stitches!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment