Monday, October 25, 2010














My son, Caden wanted a JAWS birthday party this year, for his 8th birthday. Do you know how hard it is to find Shark stuff?! Impossible!!! :p I had people at the party supply store tell me "We have dolphins, do you think that will work?" Hmm...scary and dolphin just don't go together.
So, I used my cricut to cut out letters, and I made Shark fins by hand for his invitations. We made them postcard style, with all the info. on the back.














For his birthday card I tried drawing a shark, but it looked too cartoony, (think "Finding Nemo"). So we just went with the JAWS letters and the fin. "Que the scary music"














Caden really wanted me to sculpt a shark out of cake. HA! He gives me more credit than I deserve for my decorating abilities. In the end, my husband found a rubber shark that we stuck into the cake and "decorated" with waves and blood. :p
He loved it and thought it was great, so that's all that matters. :)


















I forgot candles for the cake, so Caden asked if he could "rip the shark out with his teeth." Umm...sure, I guess. :p
I love this picture though, 'cause the shark on his shirt looks like it's jumping out of the cake!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment