Monday, April 26, 2010


















Just For Fun Challenge #8
(Blue, Grey & Orange)

"Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring"

I am an Art History buff, and I love this painting by Vermeer, one of my favorites. When I seen that JFF had this stamp I HAD to have it. :) Hope you like the card.

The paper for the card (pastel blue) and background (neutral grey) are both from The Paper Company. I could not find orange paper that I liked, so I made my own. Taking a plain white sheet of paper I used my Color Box (petal point) in Summer Daze, to create various shades of orange on my paper. Starting with the lightest shade I ran that down the middle, going out with gradual darker shades (kind of a beam of light effect). Next I used Chocolate Chip ink from Stampin Up, to stamp my JFF images: G2547 Michaelangelo Background & F2700 Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring. Next I colored the "girl" with my chalk kit from Hobby Lobby. Once everything was stamped/chalked I chalked all the edges with Color Box's Chestnut Roan. For my "bling details" I added Liquid Glass from Close to my Heart to the blue section of the headpiece; lace, ribbon and a pearl (earring) haha :) from The Paper Studio; and an old button & scrap piece of hemp from my stash.

*ALL supplies used (that I know where they are from) are in bold & italic print. Well the bold print didn't show up, so it's pink too! :p

1 comment:

  1. You are off to a great start, I can't wait to see what you make this week, congrats on joining our wonderful design team...hugs Terre

    ReplyDelete