Friday, July 2, 2010

JUST FOR FUN CHALLENGE #18
(Purple, Blue & Green)


















"Hats"

I will admit right now that I do not love this card. It did not turn out the way I wanted it too, but honestly I'm too sleep deprived to care. My daughter has been sick, so I haven't slept much the past 2 days---so glad it's a long weekend! :)

So, to start...background paper & ribbon are (SU) Bermuda Bay, so is the Rich Razzleberry paper that I used Spellbinder's Ric-rac diamond petite border (S4-243) on. The green is just some solid paper I had laying around. ah..recycling! :) I also cut the border die in green and cut it in half to use as an accent. Edges are chalked in (CB) Creamy Brown.
Stamps used are (JFF CB9039) Vintage Hat cube & (JFF D2971) Wearing Hats... Stamps are colored using Copic markers *colors listed below.
Finishing touches are a hat pin made from my (SU) pretties kit, and rhinestone accents added to the card for some bling.

*copics: E01 Pink Flamingo, R29 Lipstick Red (haha, that's what I used it for)!, E29 Burnt Umber, Y06 Yellow, YG09 Lettuce Green, V17 Amethyst & BG45 Nile Blue

5 comments:

  1. Hey Sis, sorry little "D" is sick, hope she gets well soon. Your card is bright and full of color just like what the color challenge is, you did a great job with the colors, and it went together nicely, lots of coloring....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the shades you used of the challenge colors and how you've offset each of the 3 ladies. I hope that your daughter is better soon and that you get some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ribbon treatment! And, your coloring is fab! Hopefully your little one is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your little one feels better soon! Love your card! I like the way you separated the ladies and gave them each their own mounting! I also love the stick pin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you put this card together and the shades you chose for this color challenge too! Hope your little one feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete