Friday, March 26, 2010














Stampin Up card exchange

I made this Easter card for my S.U. club's card exchange this weekend. You know I love Spellbinder's dies and for this card I used 2 dies from their limited edition Easter line: Easter Borderabilities petite S4-237 & Nested Eggs S4-264.
The card is just yellow cardstock that I cut to 6", and folded in half (a 12 x 12 sheet cut in half & folded), the paper & ribbon are from H.L., I also bought the silver Stickles there (it's on the egg).
So, once I had all my pieces cut out I chalked everything---with my fav. "chestnut roan." :) I started by adding the border to the bottom of the card, ribbon next (you HAVE to use ribbon glue...I tried to use my tape runner, and it fell off. Stayed on when I glued it back on with my ribbon glue though). Next I glued my big egg to the card, added the smaller egg to the card using pop-up dots. Finishing touches were stickles to the eggs, and adding my "little chick" to the egg with a pop-up dot. Do you realize where it came from? Look at the center of the border....when you cut out the border, the chick and the side chicks are your leftovers. :) Never throw away the "leftovers," sometimes they come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment